The records division is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is located in the front lobby of the police department.


To get a copy of a report, you must come in and fill out a Report Request Form. Once filled out, we will print the report for you. If you are unable to come in person, you may send us the completed Report Request Form with the appropriate fee. The Report Request Form is found on our website by clicking here. Private citizens or insurance companies, can order the report on the Buy Crash Website or by sending us a Report Request Form with appropriate fee.

Reports are only released to individuals whose names are included in the report.


Civilian fingerprints can be done for jobs, internships or other reasons only if you live in Westfield. Civilian fingerprints are done Monday through Friday 8:30-03:30 p.m. and they cost $10 (cash/check only).

Sex Offender Registry

To register as Sex Offender you need to fill out the Sex Offender Registration Form when you come in to register. You can only register if you have already been classified by the Sex Offender Registry Board. Level 2 and 3 Offenders living in Westfield must register at the Westfield Police Department. Level 1 Sex Offenders must register with the Sex Offender Registry Board directly. All levels re-register yearly in their birth month. If someone registers as Homeless they need to register with our department monthly.

View Sex Offender Registry Online or in Person

Level 2 and 3 Sex Offenders are available for the public to view online or in person at the Records Department at 15 Washington Street. When viewing online, you may go through the Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board (SORB) website. You can put in different search criteria to view different results and locations. When viewing online through the SORB website, the only offenders you will be able to view are Level 2 and Level 3 who have been classified after 07-2013. To view offenders who were classified before 07-2013, you will need to come in person to the Records Department. At the police department you will need to fill out a Sex Offender Request form. Once you fill out the form, you will receive a printed list with photos of all the level 2 and 3 Offenders in Westfield.

Other Services Provided in Records

  • Private Motor Vehicle Permits- 1st one is free, 2nd one is $10. If you are selling a motor vehicle on your property, you must obtain a permit in order to do so.
  • Vendor Permits