- Public Works
- Parks & Recreation
- Adult Softball Leagues
Adult Softball Leagues
All teams must follow the conduct rules or will be removed from the team with no refunds.
Team Captain completes forms with payment. now taking registrations for April- August Adult softball leagues. Your team must be paid in full before practices start in April.
Adult Coed Leagues- Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday
Register online here - Adult Softball League Information Sign up!
In order to play you the "'Team Captain" needs to be registered and paid in full with your name, address, phone number and email address on a program registration form. The team captain needs to collect fees from team players and collect team waivers from all players regarding conduct rules and mail or drop them off at the office - Parks and Recreation Dept. 4 Holcomb Street Westfield, MA 01085. We also have drop-off box hours.
Jim Blascak, Program Coordinator will explain all rules and guidelines so everyone is following the rules and how the game is played. His office phone number is 413- 572-6312 if you have any questions or concerns or want to know when the meeting is. Contact him for the waiver forms.
Instructions: Once you are registered by the team captain the program coordinator will contact the team captain informing of the additional fee costs to pay referees or scorekeepers on your own. This is on your own not through the department. There is one program fee for Parks and the Recreation Dept. for each day you choose.
If you get a sponsor for a team please make sure you get a separate check payable to us for the team fee only. Payable: Westfield Parks and Recreation Dept. or collect team fees from players and register online. Captain ID forms above and or you to pay your referees, scorekeepers or t-shirts. If your check or sponsor check is incorrect it will be mailed back to you to correct it.
This league is of "friendly" competition and is set up to promote recreational sports in the City of Westfield adult softball leagues. We ask all participants to work together to continue the philosophy of this program. The use of profanity and unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and officials will be instructed to eject from a game any player, manager, or spectator guilty of these offenses.
Drinking and smoking before, during, or after a league game on city property (per city ordinance giving the police dept. authority to arrest the individual (s) will result in the permanent suspension of the player(s) involved. The team Captain manager is responsible for the conduct of his or her team (as well as any spectators) both on and off the playing field. The team manager is responsible for the policy and the benches, dugout for any trash left behind. Any ejection from a game will lead to the players causing the disrespectful conduct to be removed from the team and we can dismiss the whole team from the league due to bad conduct with no refunds.
ALL PLAYERS COMPETE AT THEIR OWN RISK. All players are required to sign a Liability waiver prior to the start of the season.
Team captain managers are responsible for providing signed waivers for your team.
Participation in this activity may involve a risk of injury. To my knowledge, I (or my ward) have no health impairment which might interfere with or preclude any participation in the above-described activity. As a parent, guardian, or participant, I am aware of these hazards and my (or my ward’s) ability to participate. I hereby agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the City of Westfield, its employees, contracted instructors and volunteers from any liabilities which may occur from participating in the activity. I understand that participation in any recreational or sport activity involves risk. I further understand that the City of Westfield does not provide accident/medical
insurance for program participants.in addition, I give permission for the child(ren/Adults) to be treated by qualified medical personnel in the event that the above-named parent/guardian can not be reached at the phone numbers provided. ALL ADULT PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN BELOW. IN ADDITION THE SIGNATURE
Team Captain hands in registration forms before the first practice. Or before the program starts. Please give the supervisor on-site to return to the parks and recreation office.
Participant Name-Print Date I have read the above agreement waiver Phone#-The City of Westfield is not responsible for any injuries received.
Game Schedule-Click Below
Game Schedule for Adult Softball
The following are not permitted on any park or playground property:
- No fires or grills
- No admission may be charged
- No person shall possess, drink, or consume any alcoholic beverage or any malt beverage upon any school, park or playground property of the city.
- No possession or ignition of fireworks, rockets, or sparklers
- No tents or stakes driven into playing areas without permission
- No fake flower petals, rice or other items may be thrown in or around fountains, rivers or other water bodies and must be picked up from all other areas.
- No motor vehicles, motorcycles, mopeds, go-carts, mini-bikes, snowmobiles, ATV’s or similar items shall be used in public parks.
- No person shall play or practice golf in a public park.
- No excessively loud music.
- No smoking is allowed in city parks or playgrounds per the Free Clean Air Act ordinance.
- The ordinance gives non-criminal enforcement authority to the Westfield Police Department and Health department. Violations are subject to fines by his or her designee by the Police Dept. and Health Dept.
- Whitney Playground-Please make sure everyone enters in though Shepard Street over the hill and Exits out of Sackett Street. (One way in one way out) Do not have them exit out back through Shepard Street. WRONG WAY!
- Park/Playground hours are dawn to dusk. Unless area is lighted for night play than hours are until 10:45 p.m.